Corpsing Status Update

Ordinarily, I prefer to post updates about my corpsing projects here after I’ve completed them. But, this next series of corpses is taking a lot longer than normal.

A typical corpse takes me less than a week to build. It’s usually as simple as melting a first layer of plastic onto the bones, then staining the flesh and giving it 24 hours to dry. Then repeating with a second and maybe even a third coat. Add a day if I need to do any special positioning or modifications to the skeleton beforehand. And then there’s usually a final day for touch-up detailing. It all depends on the needs of the individual corpse, but a week is a pretty typical timeline for me.

Necrophiliac Corpses

My current project is a series of four R-rated pairs of corpses (8 bodies total) engaged in explicit sexual positions. Or if you prefer… “Necrophiliac Corpses.”

You can see below how much progress I’ve made on the first pair after two weeks… not much.

Necrophiliac Corpses

There are a few reasons it’s taking so long to build these corpses. First – my job. It was a lot easier to find time to build corpses when I worked from home or wasn’t working at all. Second – I lack the infrastructure that my first workshop had. It’s much more difficult to hang the suspension rigging I need to hold the skeletons upright for these particular poses. Third – I need the joints locked into position, and I need them locked in strong. Previously, I’ve relied on the plastic flesh to hold arms and legs where I need them. For a couple of recent corpses, I tried clay. This time, I’m using a combination of Gorilla glue and expanding foam insulation. They’re doing a much better job of locking the joints in place, but they’re both very difficult and messy to work with, and I’m still adjusting to their expansive nature.

Fourth – to ensure proper fit, I’ve had to glue each set of joints separately, one after another. Fifth – I’m not binding the corpses together yet, which makes it more difficult to lock the limbs into position. I experimented with necrophiliac corpses last year and bound the skeletons together before corpsing, which of course made it seem like they were figuratively and literally joined at the hip. This time, each skeleton will be corpsed separately, and then they’ll be joined together when they’re both done.

Next Steps

That said, the hardest part (for this pair) is over. By tomorrow morning, the glue on the final set of joints will be cured and I can begin ordinary corpsing. All of this will still take time because I want to do a lot of detailing between layers.

Leave a Reply